Figure 2.4 on page 37 contains elements I would have never thought to look for in communication. Before this class I didn't give conversations, emails, and other type of communication forms any thought about how complex they can actually be. When I was looking over this figure I was intrigued by S.P.E.A.K.I.N.G
which is all of the elements contained in communication. The S and the P made sense to me, what the situation was and where the interaction was and who were the participants. the E which is for ENDS was a little more unusual. It states that the ends is for the goals and the outcomes of the interaction, well for me I never thought of a goal on what I wanted out of a conversation. Thinking about it now it makes more senses.
People talk about making plans, the ultimate goal is the when and where they plans are to be held. That was the total goal and the point of the conversation.
Coaches talking to their team before a game, the goal there is to pump them up and explain what needs to be done.
I never noticed how a lot of conversations have an ultimate goal. This was a good figure to really look at.
No comments:
Post a Comment