Sunday, July 29, 2012

Performance studies

I found the section on performance studies to be interesting. What text says is true, we perform everyday. I never realized how much we as people actually perform until I read this section. We perform when we tell a story of something funny that happened at the store.

For some, performing can help relate to the subject better. Those who perform in rituals are learning more about their ancestry. Performance can also help remember an important time in history, it can be difficult to remember facts from a book, but when a student becomes part of those words and reenact it, this can help them remember it much more clearly. Performance can help boring things comes alive which is how some people prefer to learn. Performing is also an activity, a great example is the Olympics going on right now in London. So many athletes are performing because that is what they love to do.

I did not realize that performing was more than acting on a stage, it is all around us and we take part of a performance everyday whether we realize it or not.

1 comment:

  1. I too, did not realize how much we perform in our everyday lives. I like what you said about the Olympics. I think that for the most part, people don’t think that that would be considered a performance because they are not singing or putting on a concert but it is performing because these people have to prep and condition for their competition. From my personal experience, I have performed things from a book to remember them. I often create scenarios and read things in a more dramatic way so that I can be able to remember them and it really does work! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete