Saturday, July 28, 2012

Research methods

Which of the research methods listed in Table 13.3 seem the most interesting?  Assume you want to study some aspect of deception.  Frame a research questions.  Which method would you choose to answer the question?  Why?

Out of all of the many research methods I find ethnography do be the most interesting. There is so many different ways to observe a group. I do not like the going undercover one, but that is not the only option. If i were to choose to do a research on a group of people I would like to fully emerge myself into that group and ask questions and feel what it is really like to be part of that specific group. 

What are the two main reasons other than sickness and old age which causes the death of dogs?

To answer this question I would choose to use the mixed method research method. I would be able to send out surveys asking what people think to see how accurate it is to the answer. I could volunteer at shelters where a lot of unhealthy dogs go in. I think when it comes to researching a question, it is best to use more than one method to get the best answer possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Water Polo Man,
    I chose to comment on your post because we chose the same research methods for both parts of the question and I could easily relate to your response. I like that you specifically stated you did not agree with the covert undercover method but instead decided to full adopt the group and emerge yourself as a member. I think that route is much more honest and honorable. I also feel it would produce the best results for your research.
    Your research question seems like it will generate a lot of answers and I also agree that the mixed research method would fit the best. Like just about everyone else in this world I love dogs and answering this question could be very beneficial to preserving and preventing the death of dogs.
    Great job Water Polo Man, I hope you are doing great and had a good weekend!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete