Do I believe in the rationality premise?
I do not believe in this idea. It would be nice if everyone was
able to make logical decisions in life. If we lived in a perfect world, I am
sure this would be the case, but we do not.
It is not logical to rob a bank. It is not logical to drink and drive
putting your own life and other lives in danger and it is not logical to drive
while talking on a cell phone. This law has been in effect for some time, but
still so many people still talk or text while driving. It is naïve to think
that the average person can be trusted to make good decisions all the time.
Do I believe in the perfectibility premise?
I believe people can achieve goodness through effort and
control. I am not sure I believe in humans are born in sin. I feel this is
based on an individual’s religion and beliefs. With this said I am not the
right person to make an opinion on that matter.
Do I believe in the mutability premise?
I do believe that human behavior is shaped by environmental
factors. You grow up into what you see and know. If there are gangs all around
an individual, older siblings were in gangs, friends are in gangs, it is highly
likely the individual will grow into a gang. This can also be true about a
positive environment.
No comments:
Post a Comment